Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A day of retail therapy...

Now that all of the craziness of Halloween is over, a much needed day of retail therapy was in store.  So, baby boy monkey and I headed out for a day of shopping.

Stop #1 - Rite Aid of course.  Not much excited me in their add this week, so I only bought some shampoo. 


Herbal Essences or Aussie Shampoo, Conditioner, or Stylers $2.99    
Buy 1, Receive $1.00 +Up Reward    
$1.00/1  Herbal Essence or Aussie product from PG 10/30
Pay $1.99, Receive $1.00 +Up Reward
Final Price:  $0.99
Pantene Shampoo, Conditioner, or Stylers $3.50      
Buy 2, Receive $2.00 +Up Reward 
Or $1.00/2 Pantene products from PG 10/2
Use $3.00/2 Pantene products, excludes trial size from RP 9/25
Or $3.00/2 Pantene products, excludes trial size from RP 10/30
Pay $6.00, Receive $2.00 +Up Reward
Final Price:  $2.00 each when you buy 2 

So, retail cost was $20.16, sale price $12.98, less coupons $3 + tax  = OOP $10.16, but I had an UPR for $7 from last week, which brings my total to 3.16, the I received $4 in UPR, so it was like they paid me $.84 for shampoo!!



Stop # 2 - Fashion Bug - I love Fashion Bug, but I love their coupons more.  So, I bought a much needed pair of brown dress pants, a new pair of jeans, 2 tank tops to go under my awesome sweater collection, and funky new ring.  Total retail cost $112.96.  But Fashion Bug was having an awesome 30% off everything sale today and I had two coupons for $10 off a purchase of $25.


So when it was all said and done, for over $100 worth of merchandise, I paid $43.34.  A savings of $69.62.  That is a 62% savings!



Stop #3 - JC Penney - I originally went in looking for dress shirts for my hubby, but I didn't see anything worthwhile, so, when in doubt, shop for yourself.  On the clearance rack of course.



 So, I found these four shirts.  A total retail value of $128.00.  They were marked down on the clearance rack to $2.97 each.  That brought my bill to a whopping $11.88.  BUT WAIT!  I had a great coupon that was $10 off any purchase of $10 or more. (That is like the golden ticket of couponing!!!)  So I paid, drum roll please.......... $1.88 for 4 shirts, or .47 each.  Wowza, what a great deal and a $126.12 savings, that's 99%!!

So, now that my retail therapy is done for the week, it is time to start focusing on great deals for a huge Thanksgiving feast!

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment